From immune enhancement to cancer prevention, there is a wide range of health benefit in allicin. Many clinical studies have showed that garlic/allicin has the ability to lower total cholesterol, LDL, or “bad cholesterol” and triglycerides, and increase HDL cholesterol. (2,3) This in turn may aid in the prevention of heart-related conditions such as heart attack, atherosclerosis, and stroke. In addition, garlic/allicin may support the overall health of the circulatory system, which may help in lowering the risk of heart attack and strokes. (4,5) Specifically, garlic/allicin activities are believed to have the following positive effects:
- Prevention of cardiovascular attacks
- Restore suppressed antibody responses
- Broad spectrum of antimicrobial activities.
- Preventing the common cold
- Prevention and treatment of cancer.