TMG (100 Caps)
Trimethylglycine (TMG) aids in detox, correcting the MTHFR defect, preventing genetic transcription errors, antioxidant protection, liver detoxification, etc.
TMG, trimethylglycine, is taken on Wendy's Mineral Power program to gently assist the body in detoxing heavy metals. It aids in managing healing reactions, correcting the MTHFR defect, preventing genetic transcription errors, antioxidant protection, liver detoxification, alleviating depression, lowering homocysteine levels and so much more! Allergy Research TMG is of the highest quality and purity obtainable, free of all common allergens (antigens), and does not contain preservatives, diluents, or artificial additives.
Trimethylglycine (TMG) assists homocysteine to be metabolized into methionine, resulting in the production of DMG (dimethylglycine). Further metabolism of TMG produces the enzyme methyltetrahydrofolate reductase, the active form of folic acid.
Plenty of TMG is made in a healthy body. Some can also be obtained from the diet, and one can take it as a food supplement that is available in many health food stores.However, many people do not make enough TMG. This is due to toxic metals, stress, infections, inflammation and other disease conditions may use up what the body makes.
Dietary sources of TMG include broccoli, beets and other vegetables. These foods are naturally high in TMG and in folate, which are both methyl donors. The problem is that most people do not eat nearly enough of these foods to get a sufficient amount of TMG from their diet. Also, even if one eats plenty of these vegetables, it is not nearly enough. So I suggest supplementing it, as well.
TMG is required in millions of biochemical reactions and has many benefits.
1. Managing Healing Reactions. Taking TMG is wonderful to reduce healing reactions and retracing symptoms. If you are having a healing reaction or purification reaction, you may try taking more TMG, as it can help, in some cases.
2. Helping with liver detoxification. Methyl groups are absolutely essential for the Phase 2, P450 liver detoxification pathway. Within this critical biochemical sequence of events, fat-soluble or otherwise poorly soluble toxins that are difficult for the liver to remove are joined to a methyl group, and this helps prepare them for removal from the body. This is an amazing and vital ability that in most people does not work well enough in our very toxic world.
Specifically, the methylation reactions enables toxins to become much more soluble in water. This allows the body to remove the toxins much better, and it often neutralizes some of their toxic properties, as well. These toxins include all of the toxic metals in many forms and compounds, as well as hundreds of toxic chemicals. Much more could be written about this amazing system and how critical it is today for our health. This is the main benefit of TMG supplementation, I believe.
3. Alleviating depression. TMG increases the body’s natural production of SAMe or S-adenosyl methionine. This chemical can help reduce depression in some cases, and is an expensive supplement if one wishes to take it. So it is far better to just take TMG.
4. Avoiding genetic problems. Methyl groups are needed for protein synthesis, also called biosynthesis. This is the copying of our genetic code from the DNA to RNA, and then from there the formation of every chemical in our bodies. It is also called genetic transcription. Without enough TMG, biosynthesis can slow down, telomeres can shorten, and genetic errors, also called transcription errors, multiply, and health is definitely worse.
5.Correcting the MTHFR defect. Over 50% of the world's population today has a mild to severe copying error in their cells that causes low levels of synthesis of folate in their bodies. This is mistakenly called a genetic defect, when it is no such thing. It is a transcription error or polymorphism or gene expression. This is an error in copying the DNA code, and not necessarily in the DNA code itself. For more on this, read MTHFR Defects, Genetic Defects and Genetic Testing on this website.
6. Lowering homocysteine. Homocysteine is an amino acid that, in excess, is irritating to the arteries and is strongly associated with inflammation and hardening of the arteries. In fact, the level of homocysteine correlates much better with heart disease than the level of cholesterol. Doctors are beginning to realize this important link. High homocysteine occurs when there is not enough TMG or folic acid to donate enough methyl groups.
There can be other causes, but this is the major cause. However, the problem can be solved with a diet high in TMG and folate, or a TMG or folate supplement. One does not need both in most cases. Reducing excessive homocysteine helps with conditions ranging from osteoporosis and birth defects to cancer and aging. It also helps with antioxidant protection, as well.
Cautions with TMG
Most people report no side effects at all from taking TMG. Most just feel better. Often they report a little better sleep and perhaps a little more energy, when starting.
A few people do not tolerate TMG well. It may detoxify them too quickly. Taking TMG, for these people, can cause rather severe symptoms, although the symptoms promptly go away when one reduces or stops the TMG. Symptoms in these people include some fatigue, nausea, hair loss, dizziness or rarely other symptoms. If a problem occurs, begin with very little and the dosage may be able to be increased after a few days to a few weeks. In a few people, an adverse reaction does not go away.
Serving Size: 1 Capsule
Servings Per Container: 100
|Contains||Amounts Per Serving|
Dosage: Adults need about 2000-2500 mg daily.
This nutrient is of the highest quality and purity obtainable, free of all common allergens (antigens), and does not contain preservatives, diluents, or artificial additives.
* Daily value not established.